More than half of EU27 enterprises are innovative

Eurostat 2010


In the EU27, 52% of enterprises from industry and services reported innovation activity between 2006 and 2008. Among the EU27 Member States, the highest proportions of enterprises with innovation activity in this period were recorded in Germany (80% of enterprises), Luxembourg (65%), Belgium and Portugal (both 58%) and Ireland (57%).

The medium rates were observed in Uk (46%), Netherlands (45%) and Spain (43%). And the lowest rates were observed in Latvia (24%), Poland (28%), Hungary (29%), Lithuania (30%) and Bulgaria (31%).
A third of innovative enterprises cooperate with external Partners: Among enterprises with innovation activities in the EU27, 34% cooperated3 with other enterprises, universities or public research institutes in 2006-2008, while the remaining 66% innovated using only internal resources. The highest proportions of innovation co-operation were found in Denmark (57% of all innovative enterprises), Cyprus (51%), Belgium and Estonia (both 49%), and the lowest in Romania (14%), Italy (16%), Bulgaria and Latvia (both 17%).

< Volver